> Database Details > Deputies: Church administrator embezzled money to run for Clerk of Courts Office
Click the headline below to read the whole story on the feed's website
- Barbara Hijek - Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:26:00 GMT
On Friday, deputies issued a warrant for the arrest of 54-year-old Oliver “Dan” Durfey, of Kissimmee, to face charges of Scheming to Defraud, Grand Theft and Illegal Use of a Credit Card, according to a news release from the Polk County Sheriff's Office.
All feed information on this website is publicly available through rss feeds posted on the news sources website. Floriblog does not own these feeds and makes no ownership or affiliation claims. Using this service is just like using a search engine. The difference is that this site only indexes news.
More From The "Education News" Feed
- By Brittany Wallman and John Maines , Sun Sentinel - Fri, 24 May 2013 04:00:00 GMT
Tow truck drivers are leaving misery in their exhaust fumes, operating in frequent and flagrant violation of a new Broward law meant to protect drivers from towing abuses, a Sun Sentinel investigation has found.
- By Erika Pesantes , Sun Sentinel - Fri, 24 May 2013 00:39:52 GMT
One man is in custody and a second is being sought in connection with a shooting outside a food store near Fort Lauderdale that could leave the victim a quadriplegic if he lives, authorities said.
- By Karen Yi, Sun Sentinel - Fri, 24 May 2013 00:09:00 GMT
It's the yucky part of high school science classes – dissecting frog organs or slicing open a stretched-out earthworm.
- By Linda Trischitta , Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 23:38:46 GMT
Ashley Wolf's prom dress was red, and ultimately the perfect choice. It hid the blood from a crash victim's ear on a Saturday night that she and many others will never forget.
- By Ihosvani Rodriguez, Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 22:43:59 GMT
Home invasion robbers posed as police officers and got inside a residence early Thursday and violently beat and robbed a man, Miramar police said.
- By Rafael Olmeda , Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 22:43:34 GMT
Ding, dong, the witch is not guilty. Because because because because becaaaaauseundefined8230; she's insane.
- By Molly Hennessy-Fiske - Thu, 23 May 2013 22:34:00 GMT
GRAPEVINE, Texas — In a highly anticipated vote Thursday, the Boy Scouts of America lifted its ban on gay youth starting next year, the latest sign of a shift in American attitudes toward gays and lesbians.
- By Omar Kelly , Sun Sentinel Commentary - Thu, 23 May 2013 22:06:00 GMT
The Dolphins have only produced one losing record in 12 seasons the team had a starting quarterback produce an 85-plus passer rating the past three decadesDuring this week's practice, Dolphins second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill looked like a quarterback ready to take that next step. And it was refreshing, exciting to witness. It is clear Tannehill feels comfortable in year two. This is his offense. These are his new weapons.
- By Heather Carney, Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 21:29:03 GMT
South Florida reservists serving in Afghanistan got a dose of American culture every few weeks when they opened letters from sixth-grade students.
- By Susannah Bryan , Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 21:07:00 GMT
Former Broward Sheriff's deputy Maury Hernandez will not go to trial next week on charges he tried to strangle his wife, an official with the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said Thursday.
- By Karen Yi, Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 21:03:02 GMT
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says with the schools police department would bring additional costs they are not ready to absorb.
- By Anne Geggis, Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 20:50:36 GMT
Stormy conditions thwarted a robbery planned for rolling film cameras Tuesday at a Boca Raton jewelry shop, but the outlook for show business in Palm Beach and Broward counties has never been brighter.
- By Lisa J. Huriash , Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 20:17:07 GMT
City Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad struck back against her critics with a lawsuit intended to prevent a recall effort from moving forward.
- By Ken Kaye - Thu, 23 May 2013 18:43:00 GMT
Government forecasters predict an active to extremely active storm season with 13 to 20 named storms, including seven to 11 hurricanes, with three to six of those of those major.
- By Mike Clary , Sun Sentinel - Thu, 23 May 2013 17:16:46 GMT
As they worked a late-night job on the roof of a restaurant, cousins James Ortiz and Roger Alvarez said they noticed that down below police were setting up a massive perimeter for what looked like a major crime-busting operation.